Author Topic: 1Password vs LastPass vs Google Password Manager  (Read 202 times)

MarineForce

• View Profile
1Password vs LastPass vs Google Password Manager
« on: April 30, 2018, 01:12:12 AM »
Hello guys, i'm gonna start using a password manager but i have some doubts about which one should i use. If you choose one, let me know why you choose that one. If you have any other suggestions, let me know too. Thank you in advance

Azulej

• View Profile
Re: 1Password vs LastPass vs Google Password Manager
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 01:13:43 AM »
I use KeePass for both a shared database to use with colleagues at work for "functional" accounts we have in IT and for personal use. KeePass2Andoid for Android. It's a static file that I keep stored on google drive. The file is encrypted so google can't read it and it keeps it in sync with my desktop. I like it because you can basically store anything it in and there is no service behind it to get hacked.

Amal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 01:14:18 AM »
I use KeePass for both a shared database to use with colleagues at work for "functional" accounts we have in IT and for personal use. KeePass2Andoid for Android. It's a static file that I keep stored on google drive. The file is encrypted so google can't read it and it keeps it in sync with my desktop. I like it because you can basically store anything it in and there is no service behind it to get hacked.
I also use KeePass and KeePass2Android since at least 6 years. I use DropBox to sync the encrypted file between devices which KeePass2Android can use out-of-the-box. The Android app even comes with it's own (optional) keyboard to bypass a clipcoard flaw, it also uses the autofill function on the latest Android OS release.

AltirZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 01:14:57 AM »
I also use Keepass.

To share the db across multiple devices, I store the db in the cloud, and for added security I use a key file that is only stored locally on my devices (not stored in the cloud).

Azulej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 01:16:10 AM »
What do you use for Chrome and desktop?

MarineForce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 01:16:26 AM »
Not OP, but you can interconnect KeePass with Chrome using both KeePassHTTP (KeePass plugin), and KeePassHTTP-Connector (Chrome plugin).

KeePassHTTP: Allows to expose the stored credentials in your database, not all the entries on your database, just the ones that you choose.
    KeePassHTTP-Connector: Reads/Request the entry for a current website, depending if such entry is configured to be exposed other not.

Amal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 01:16:55 AM »
LastPass works really well with iOS and has no issues on windows

AltirZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 01:17:17 AM »
LastPass works really well with iOS and has no issues on windows
No issues with me on Android and Xubuntu (Linux).

c4cyber

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 12:37:17 AM »
Actually there are many password management tools you can rely on.
https://lifehacker.com/5529133/five-best-password-managers