Author Topic: Would you buy the Apple Watch?  (Read 3062 times)

mobiletalk

• View Profile
Would you buy the Apple Watch?
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:36:23 AM »
Would you buy the Apple Watch?

I'm really pumped for the Apple Watch and I went to NYC to ask people what they thought!

jamiew23

• View Profile
Re: Would you buy the Apple Watch?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »
For the price no! But I'd love to own one!

I saw the advert for it today and it looks really cool but I'm wondering just how easy it will be to use, I mean the screen is tiny! Also something that puts me off is the fact that a lot of people say it's quite chunky which is understandable considering what it can do but I don't wear a watch anyway so a big clunky thing on my wrist would feel quite uncomfortable for me.

I think for now I'll just sit back and wait for improvements to follow. Knowing Apple they'll probably release a new one every year anyways to keep us diving into our wallets so I think I'll say no for now but in the future it could be  a possibility.

Cazala26

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »
I just don't understand the point of it?  As much as I love Apple products I feel like they just come up with the most random thing.  I don't think I would spend such a large amount of money on something that I don't want or need to know what it does......

Zamininc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »
What I feel to be the big problem with these watches is that they're so darn expensive. They may make you look like James Bond, but you may not have the government funding that 007 has.

There are plenty of cheaper alternatives anyway. I've seen "smartwatches" that go for maybe $30-40.

blumenkranz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »
Not for the price. It's definitely a neat concept, but I feel that the market for smart watches is just too young. I would rather wait for faster and more improved versions of the Apple Watch. Besides, I can't even use it with my 4s, so I'll work on upgrading my phone first. It most certainly needs a price drop though. You'd think with a small screen like that it would be cheaper, but I guess Apple just loves money  :)

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 03:09:29 PM »
I honestly don't see the whole point behind the watch. Like yeah, it would be pretty cool to have an Apple watch, but the screen would be so small. I wouldn't want to text on it, or call on it. It would just be too small for me. And maybe this is how the world is going now and cell phones will be obsolete soon. Right now, I am fine with my iPhone that I have. I like that the screen is big. If I wanted something smaller then I would get the iWatch, but it's also so expensive that I don't know if it would be worth it.

thash1979

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 07:27:10 PM »
I am glad to see I am not alone on this watch being overpriced. There is no way I would use my money to buy one of these. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to own one. I think for the tech savvy individual, this is an awesome accessory. For a stay at home mom like me, I can see it taking a tumble in the bath or toilet by my two year old. I just cant see paying for a device that I can get for five bucks to tell time. I have a phone for all the other stuff it can do.

ghost_in_the_machine

• we're all in cuckooland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 08:50:30 PM »
They certainly look like they could have their niche, however, I doubt that I'd actually be willing to buy one. It might be useful to cheat on a test or something, however, I think it just isn't worth the money. Maybe once they find out how to lower the price and add more issues.

Orlando

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 12:57:26 AM »
Whether you should get an Apple Watch or not comes down to how compelling any of the main features are for your lifestyle, either by themselves or when combined together. Those features include not only timekeeping but health and fitness tracking, notifications and communications, Apple Pay and HomeKit automation.

Put simply: The Apple Watch is the shuttlecraft to the iPhone's starship. Most of what you can do on Watch you can also do on iPhone — but not as conveniently. And convenience can be a killer feature.

Shera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 01:48:53 AM »
I was so sure that especially young people with iPhones knew about the Apple Watch. I was so sure also that they were the most excited about it  8)