Author Topic: Laptop?  (Read 2012 times)

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
Laptop?
« on: July 19, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »
Do you use your tablet as a laptop? I have heard and seen people who use them as that because it's much cheaper. Right now my laptop just died, so that is how I'm using mine. I have a keyboard case that I can use, so that why I still have a way that I can work online. I think that it works just fine for what I need right now. For the most part it works the same as any other laptop would. So, would you use your iPad as a laptop?

KyubiChan

• View Profile
Re: Laptop?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 01:42:55 AM »
I don't think an iPad is exactly the same as a laptop. There are some limitations that an iPad has than what a regular computer has. One is that some sites still consider the iPad as a mobile device and may not be completely compatible with it. You also aren't able to really install outside programs other than apps and there may not be an app available for what you need. I think an iPad is good for on to go stuff, you are able to attach a keyboard to the iPad so that it makes it easier to type as well, but not exactly a serious laptop replacement.

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 08:33:35 PM »
I don't think an iPad is exactly the same as a laptop. There are some limitations that an iPad has than what a regular computer has. One is that some sites still consider the iPad as a mobile device and may not be completely compatible with it. You also aren't able to really install outside programs other than apps and there may not be an app available for what you need. I think an iPad is good for on to go stuff, you are able to attach a keyboard to the iPad so that it makes it easier to type as well, but not exactly a serious laptop replacement.

Oh yeah, there will always be limitations to it, but if you can get past that then it's good. I mean right now I just use mine to search the web so it's not that bad. Sometimes it's just easier to take that out, then the laptop that I have. I just hate that because it's too big.

spaceboytaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 09:33:37 PM »
I think if you just want a very basic device to run the internet and work on, then an iPad is perfect, but if your wanting a computer, I would definitely suggest buying a real computer. Not only the feel is good, but downloading programs and more accessibility is a plus. So personally, I like to stick with a normal laptop.

Nox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 02:36:46 PM »
I've have tried this before, and it served its purpose. I don't have an iPad, I have a Dell tablet, with Windows 7 loaded as the operating system. So the experience was pretty much very similar to using a much older laptop for me. I found the tablet to be slower than a laptop. As a temporary measure it works great, but I think you may run into some problems in the long run. It also depends on your needs; if all you need to do is work on word documents, then the tablet is no issue. If you need to do tasks that require more processing power or a bigger screen, you may run into some problems.

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 02:54:07 AM »
There are tablets that can easily replace a laptop. That said, the iPad is not one of them. There are to many limitations in the design for it to fully replace a laptop.