Author Topic: HTC still setting the standard.  (Read 614 times)

pwarbi

• View Profile
HTC still setting the standard.
« on: July 20, 2016, 06:59:21 AM »
While it seems that everyone these days is raving about the Apple and Samsung devices, HTC seem to be still flying under the radar a little and aren't getting the attention that I think they deserve.

I've had an HTC device ever since the HTC ONE M7 came out, and I've now got the M9 version and this series of phones just keeps on getting better. A lot of the feature you find on this series of phones are also found on other brands, but in my opinion they work slicker and better on the HTC ONE than what they do on the others, and that bares out by the amount of smartphone awards they have won, including best smartphone on more than one occasion.

For me the only reason the HTC ONE range isn't getting the recognition it deserves is simply down to the budget of the company, and while Apple and Samsung are to of the biggest companies in the world and so can spend an unlimited amount on marketing and advertising, HTC aren't and so can't possibly match that sort of exposure the others can afford.

When you're looking at buying your next smartphone, would you be willing to consider the HTC or will you be a sheep and just follow what everyone else is buying?

joshposh

• View Profile
Re: HTC still setting the standard.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:27:49 PM »
I don't know man.  The HTC one M10 had been out for 3 months from what I gather.  Watching the review has made me want to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FGKmP4q3rA

#Invalid YouTube Link#

pwarbi

• View Profile
Re: HTC still setting the standard.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »
Even though I myself have had HTC phones for a number of years now, when it comes to upgrading I do look at the market and try a lot of the other brands out and I still go back to the latest HTC device. While it's true that people tend to stick to the one brand, and Apple users will stick with Apple, Samsung users stick with Samsung, I just think that the HTC ONE series of phones tend to get overlooked and even though awards won aren't the be all and end all when deciding what phone to get, the fact that HTC have either won or come a close runner up for a number of years in the smartphone category surely makes them an alternative that people should at least look at.