Author Topic: Would you recommend the hTC?  (Read 64 times)

Raiden

• View Profile
Would you recommend the hTC?
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:03:54 AM »
Plain as the title. I dropped $800 on the Galaxy S8 and it's complete junk - for being so-called water resistant, I haven't been able to charge it for the 4th night in 3 weeks now because of its built-in feature to prevent you from charging if it detects moisture. It's not that I go around dipping the thing in water, in fact, I haven't got a drop of water on it the last 3 weeks. When you buy a phone so crappy that it can't even charge, not only does it tell you you wasted a ton of money, but you need a new phone. I don't think I'll ever buy a Samsung product again. I've never had an HTC so I don't know what the 'best' one is to get. Should I wait until the new one comes out or buy an older one? I don't care that much about specs, so long as I get a phone that bloody works when I need it to. Thanks!

Coudy

• View Profile
Re: Would you recommend the hTC?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »
I can relate to you buddy. I bought a S7 after owning 4 htc's in the past. Piece of junk that Samsung. Just got myself a HTC U11 and it's the best phone yet.

Yes buy one

Raiden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 10:04:47 AM »
I can relate to you buddy. I bought a S7 after owning 4 htc's in the past. Piece of junk that Samsung. Just got myself a HTC U11 and it's the best phone yet.

Yes buy one

Samsung is sooo horrible. Didn't even mention this is my 3rd S8 and it just came out last summer haha. Is the U11 pretty durable and is it waterproof at all?

Coudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 10:05:06 AM »

Yes buy one

Samsung is sooo horrible. Didn't even mention this is my 3rd S8 and it just came out last summer haha. Is the U11 pretty durable and is it waterproof at all?
U11 is splashproof, not that I would ever get it wet. As for durability, I use the stock rear/side cover that comes with the phone and it is doing a great job protecting it. Screen is showing a few light scratches after 2 months. I work in landscaping so it's tough to keep it out of harms way

Raiden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 10:05:18 AM »

Yes buy one

U11 is splashproof, not that I would ever get it wet. As for durability, I use the stock rear/side cover that comes with the phone and it is doing a great job protecting it. Screen is showing a few light scratches after 2 months. I work in landscaping so it's tough to keep it out of harms way
Oh okay, I know you're not the HTC salesman here haha, but do they make a phone that is a more 'rugged' version? I do a lot of work outside too and when I'm not working riding ATVs so it can get pretty beat up. Honestly probably just need a good case though

Detonator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 10:05:33 AM »
Nope. Camera is disappointing, more crapware than average, many people report issues with the screen (and it seems to scratch a lot easier than you'd expect), speakers are awful, no headphone jack. On the bright side the battery life is good, it's pretty quick, it's lightweight.

Raiden

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »
Nope. Camera is disappointing, more crapware than average, many people report issues with the screen (and it seems to scratch a lot easier than you'd expect), speakers are awful, no headphone jack. On the bright side the battery life is good, it's pretty quick, it's lightweight.
That's a bummer that there's no headphone jack. I really don't like the way phones are going nowadays, they're becoming so greedy. Buy this and this just so you can charge your phone and listen to music

Benz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 10:05:59 AM »
If it's taking you that long then you must have gotten a defective model.

I'd recommend sending it back to the service center or getting a replacement from wherever you bought it.

Raiden

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 10:06:13 AM »
If it's taking you that long then you must have gotten a defective model.

I'd recommend sending it back to the service center or getting a replacement from wherever you bought it.

Most likely. However thanks to Verizon's greedy plans and insurance, I'd have to drop $150 to replace it. Finally got it to charge, but I mainly posted this thread so in the future I'll have some different options.