Author Topic: 10 reasons to love the secret Surface Phone  (Read 246 times)

MarineForce

• View Profile

Azulej

• View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to love the secret Surface Phone
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:26:18 AM »
How was Windows Mobile “too little, too late” if it was 42% of the smartphone market before the iPhone came around? If anything it fits under the other MS problem of “Too soon, too stagnant.”

MarineForce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:26:33 AM »
How was Windows Mobile “too little, too late” if it was 42% of the smartphone market before the iPhone came around? If anything it fits under the other MS problem of “Too soon, too stagnant.”
This. Microsoft has been arrogant and lazy or apathetic.

Azulej

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 10:26:54 AM »
Lemme tell you something. A couple of years ago, here in Germany Windows Phone had a market share of around 15%, on par with the iPhone!

You'd frequently see Lumia commercials on TV and everything. The German enthusiast press wrote lots of hopeful articles, and justifiably

Amal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 10:27:19 AM »
You confuse Windows Mobile with Windows 10 Mobile.

Azulej

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
No, there’s no confusion. The author specifically listed Windows Mobile first, then Windows Phone, then Windows 10 Mobile. But claimed they were all, “too little, too late” Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone might fit that, but Windows Mobile was indeed nearing half the smartphone market before the iPhone was released.

AltirZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 10:27:39 AM »
Something that has bothered me since we started hearing rumors of the Surface Phone / Andromedia is that it's designed for business. Which was the exact purpose of the HP Elite X3 that Microsoft hamstrung. What would make this future device different? If it comes to size they canceled the Surface Mini a few years ago.

An even larger concern is the amount of time the rumors have persisted without any kind of device showing anywhere in terms of a leak.

All I wanted for years was Windows in my pocket but now we seem even further away.

MarineForce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »
Something that has bothered me since we started hearing rumors of the Surface Phone / Andromedia is that it's designed for business. Which was the exact purpose of the HP Elite X3 that Microsoft hamstrung. What would make this future device different? If it comes to size they canceled the Surface Mini a few years ago.

An even larger concern is the amount of time the rumors have persisted without any kind of device showing anywhere in terms of a leak.

All I wanted for years was Windows in my pocket but now we seem even further away.

Yeah idk seems like they are throwing darts at the wall. I do really think the way they killed Windows 10 Mobile was a huge mistake for their Mobile image with consumers.

AltirZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 10:28:43 AM »

Yeah idk seems like they are throwing darts at the wall. I do really think the way they killed Windows 10 Mobile was a huge mistake for their Mobile image with consumers.
Agreed. There's very few customers that are going to be returning who were loyal from WM 6.5 -> Kin -> WP 7 -> WP 8 -> WM 10. Way too many restarts to believe this will even come into existence.

MarineForce

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 10:28:54 AM »
Plus, like I said, if it looks like something that people do want Apple and Google will have a similar product within a month or two or they may even already have one. Idk WTH Microsoft was thinking. I don't think they were thinking.🙄

Amal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »
While Surface Phone rumours have been around a long time, the Surface Phone was cancelled (maybe due to intel atom not progressing). Andromeda is different and has only been rumoured for about 7 months.

Azulej

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:27 AM »
Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me seven times... won't get fooled again.

I, personally, will refuse to believe a Surface Phone exists until it's physically in my hands. We've been hearing these rumors for 7 years now. Enough. Just, enough already.

MarineForce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:39 AM »

I, personally, will refuse to believe a Surface Phone exists until it's physically in my hands. We've been hearing these rumors for 7 years now. Enough. Just, enough already.

Wow, 7 years? I guess I was under a rock. Lol I've only heard about it for 2, but still I'm very skeptical too.

Amal

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »

Wow, 7 years? I guess I was under a rock. Lol I've only heard about it for 2, but still I'm very skeptical too.
Decided to go back and check the accuracy of my statement, as my memory might be a bit fuzzy.

It's actually 6 years since we first heard the rumors.

Close enough.

MarineForce

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 10:30:35 AM »

Decided to go back and check the accuracy of my statement, as my memory might be a bit fuzzy.

It's actually 6 years since we first heard the rumors.

Close enough.

Thanks for the link. That was interesting to read and brought back memories of my HTC 8xt. I was with Sprint at that time. When I got that device I was looking forward to what might happen