Author Topic: Are Nokia Phones good?  (Read 2377 times)

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
Are Nokia Phones good?
« on: June 14, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
Are these phones good? I honestly didn't even know that they still sold these phones. I have used one before because I knew someone that had one, but I never knew if it was a good phone or not. I have heard that they were okay phones, but to me they just kind of seem like phones that are supposed to be a knock-off of the Galaxy's. They use the google play store, I'm assuming because they wouldn't be able to use the Apple store, so I don't know how well they could work. The person I knew who had one, it worked well for them. I wanted to know how well it works for anyone else who has had one?

GenevB

• View Profile
Re: Are Nokia Phones good?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »
They are good when talking about specifications and even the software, the only small problem is that you ain't got to much options when it comes about apps and games. It's like you would had a very modern car, like a Ferrari, but you would had no way to put the fuel in.

nailah783

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 11:46:40 PM »
I have been wondering about this phone because I do know a couple of companies that have these on sale. I haven't gotten one yet though. I may try one out since they are on sale, and you say they aren't too bad.

dyanmarie25

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 06:26:38 AM »
I haven't tried Lumia phones yet, but I know the previous Nokia phones were really good and very efficient. My first phone was actually a Nokia, and I have had it for almost 10 years now, and yes, it's still functioning right at this moment.

Lumia phones aren't really Nokia phones. At least not anymore. Microsoft removed the Nokia branding from the Lumia line and has written off the purchase of Nokia's smart phone business. Nokia may even re-enter the smart phone market as a competitor to Microsoft in the near future.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:16:31 PM by nytegeek »

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 11:54:38 PM »
Nokia does not equal Lumia. Microsoft isn't even  using the Nokia name anymore. Microsoft did not buy Nokia, they just bought the rights to their smartphone business and per their agreements Nokia is free to re-enter the smartphone business on it's own at some point this year.

ghost_in_the_machine

• we're all in cuckooland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 05:44:03 PM »
Ex Nokia Lumia owner here. Yes, they are very good! Sturdy, fairly priced, and although Windows Phone is somewhat of a niche, there are constant firmware updates that ensure that they are properly featured. Support for repairs is pretty good, and it lasted me a few years before it fell out of my pocket and into the toilet while pulling my pants up :( Good phone though, and Nokia knows how to make them.

Lynn Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 05:35:25 AM »
I had a Nokia Lumia Windows phone once. The user interface was great once I got used to it. The phone itself was quite flimsy. I don't plan to buy another one.