Author Topic: CNET News - Microsoft announces Lumia 950 and 950 XL smartphones  (Read 3946 times)

androidboy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Microsoft reveals its latest Windows 10 smartphones with the Lumia 950 and 950 XL. The new devices have 5.2- and 5.7-inch screens and OLED displays.

! No longer available

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CNET News - Microsoft announces Lumia 950 and 950 XL smartphones
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 01:26:13 AM »
Interesting. I had the opportunity to try a Lumia 640 with a 5 inch screen recently. Even with it being a lower price range smartphone and having the limitations in app availability that comes with Windows mobile it was still a nicer phone than the iPhone for the price.

ghost_in_the_machine

• we're all in cuckooland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »
I'm really glad to see the Lumia products advancing. When I abandon my Android, which I know I will, I'm gonna really like going back to the good ol' windows phone. Loved the customization and the UI, it was all really unique and accessible from the start. Trumps other phone UIs in my opinion.

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:08:49 PM »
A nice Ui on it's own doesn't amount to much unless the utility of the device meets people's needs.

ghost_in_the_machine

• we're all in cuckooland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »
A nice Ui on it's own doesn't amount to much unless the utility of the device meets people's needs.
It sure met my needs, it was a pretty handy device and it's live tiles actually had a lot of functionality. The concept of "information at a glance" was interesting and the OS stood out to me among some of the other typical ones I've used.

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 04:13:11 PM »
The app selection and quality for Windows devices is lackluster at best. Despite a few minor policy changes Microsoft hasn't done much to encourage developers to port popular android and apple apps to Windows. Until they do Microsoft will continue to lag in the mobile market.