Author Topic: Nokia App Store  (Read 1503 times)

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
Nokia App Store
« on: June 15, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »
What is the Nokia app store like? Do they use the same app store as the Play Store? I've been wondering this because I have never seen it before. I would imagine that it would be just about the same. I know that it wouldn't be like the App Store for Apple.  Also, would this be a good phone? I have never tried one out before, and I've been wondering. It seems like it would a pretty good phone for the most part. So, what is the app store like? Is it all over the place like the Android app store, or not like the Apple App store?

GenevB

• View Profile
Re: Nokia App Store
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 12:29:03 PM »
No, they don't use the same app store as Android does. If I was to describe Nokia app store in one word I'd say simply "poor". There are very few apps and games, most of them not even official. There are copies for most of the games and applications out there, for example Tinder is Timber here, Minecraft have been reproduced under another name on this market. The Nokia app store is pretty much like China's products, most of them are replications to originals. (no offense to people from China)

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »
No, they don't use the same app store as Android does. If I was to describe Nokia app store in one word I'd say simply "poor". There are very few apps and games, most of them not even official. There are copies for most of the games and applications out there, for example Tinder is Timber here, Minecraft have been reproduced under another name on this market. The Nokia app store is pretty much like China's products, most of them are replications to originals. (no offense to people from China)

Oh wow, I had no clue that it was like that. It's nice to know what it's like because now I know that I will not be buying that phone. I had a friend who had that phone, but I never saw the app store. I guess that is the best way that you could really describe it. It's pretty much just a knock off. That does stink though that the app store is like that because then I wouldn't feel safe using the apps that they have.

GenevB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 11:14:07 AM »
There was a rumor a few months ago that Nokia developers might do something with the OS in order to let it port apps from android, however I think that it remained in the stage of idea as I haven't seen anything like that yet and I'm still waiting to see the wonder.