Author Topic: Is Moto G really a phone worth buying?  (Read 3605 times)

mobileking

• View Profile
Is Moto G really a phone worth buying?
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:05:09 PM »

Moto G is a spectacular Android phone. Its affordable, but it's worth buying?

Here's some of the Spec:
5 MP Primary Camera and 1.3 MP Secondary Camera
4.5-inch HD Display (720p) ,Gorilla Glass
HD Recording
Wi-Fi Enabled
1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Quad Core Processor and 1 GB RAM
Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
Android v4.3 (Jelly Bean) OS (upgrade-able to Kitkat)

Memory has 2 options, 8GB and 16G.

What do you think?

maxparker0

• View Profile
Re: Is Moto G really a phone worth buying?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 11:35:18 PM »
I think its a really awesome phone. It has got the almost perfect spec sheet(camera could have been better), a perfect design and feels good in your hand. And it comes at a perfect price point. I think its definitely worth buying. One of the best phones in its class.

Omni

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:36:02 AM »
For someone that wants a decent phone for cheap it is.
If you want to pay a bit more you could also get the Nexus 5, which is a bit faster but also more expensive.
I bought this phone for my dad since he is new to smartphones and he likes it a lot.

CodeTech95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
From the reviews I have read, I would say it is definitely worth the money. It isn't top of the line for 2014 but it will do quite nicely. I had seriously considered purchasing this myself for a media device, like an iPod Touch.

Kandikkal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 03:35:42 PM »
One of my friends bought this phone recently. In his opinion this is the best option for people with a tight budget. This has almost all the features that you will look for in a premium phone. I think this is best for casual users who uses smartphones primarily for social networking and communications.

loco1529

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 04:36:40 PM »
  Going by specs alone everything looks awesome on the Moto G. The camera could obviously be better but for someone that isn't into pics but loves a good fast phone this would be a great one.  :) :)

frankmarco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 06:10:07 AM »
For the price yes. I think it’s better than Nexus 5 on the category “best bang for the bucks”. The specs seems awesome. If you’re low on your budget just go for it. You can’t be wrong.

Kandikkal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 08:29:17 AM »
For the price yes. I think it’s better than Nexus 5 on the category “best bang for the bucks”. The specs seems awesome. If you’re low on your budget just go for it. You can’t be wrong.
I think Nexus 5 is far more superior than Moto G. Battery capacity of N5 is higher than that of Moto G. Nexus 5 offers full HD display and it has Snapdragon 800 at 2.26Ghz and 2GB ram. Whereas Moto G does not offer full HD display. It has only Snapdragon 400 at 1.2 Ghz. I think that makes N5 a better phone than Moto G.

Moto G is a very good alternative to budget constrained customers. It offers almost all the features of a premium phone. But if you can afford it, you should always go for a Nexus 5.

mark

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »
I've a moto G and I'm really happy with it.
It's not powerful as a N5, but I really don't need all that power on my phone :D

maxparker0

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 03:28:43 AM »
I think Nexus 5 is far more superior than Moto G. Battery capacity of N5 is higher than that of Moto G. Nexus 5 offers full HD display and it has Snapdragon 800 at 2.26Ghz and 2GB ram. Whereas Moto G does not offer full HD display. It has only Snapdragon 400 at 1.2 Ghz. I think that makes N5 a better phone than Moto G.

Moto G is a very good alternative to budget constrained customers. It offers almost all the features of a premium phone. But if you can afford it, you should always go for a Nexus 5.
I agree. Nexus 5 is a far more premium product than the moto g. Its one of the best phones today and for the price you get it, its really a bargain.

Satangel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 11:43:58 AM »
I've got a friend with this phone, and this is what he has to say about it;
Been using this phone for a few weeks now, really like it. It's nippy and easy to navigate (like a nexus 7 tab but faster). The battery life surprised me, lasts a few days (when you generally read about battery output on spec sites, it's for the phone being in constant use). The camera is good.
My only issue with the phone, has been the signal. Have had little or no signal, since activation.

But otherwise, recommended!

prey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 04:38:56 AM »
It is, have my word on it. In fact, my brother has got one, and for its price, it's really awesome!

thatphoenixthere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 05:20:47 AM »
Definitelty! I've had this phone for a while and apart from a few times when I had to shut down and restart it, it never gave any trouble. I did notice that it becomes a little less sensitive to touch after a long while but it's not particularly noticeable and definitely does not interfere hugely with the phone's usability. Would definitely recommend it!

nailah783

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 01:57:20 AM »
I was thinking about getting this phone because it is one of the few phones that my job's app works with.  Plus, it is one of the cheaper ones on the list. Therefore, it was the obvious choice. I don't know if it would be worth it for any other reason. There's so many newer Androids on the market.