Author Topic: Amazon Phone  (Read 5318 times)

Livvy

• View Profile
Re: Amazon Phone
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 11:15:54 AM »
I don't think that they are actually going to release their own phone. What I foresee is that they are going to launch a special section for smartphones, but not the ones manufactured by them. I don't think they are crazy to enter the ever-heating smartphones competition without having it produced as their expertise. It wouldn't be practical. Also, the line of their business is very far from world of smartphones. It's not their game. They are going to lose even at the start.

How do you mean, a special section for smartphones?

nailah783

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 08:56:18 AM »
What are the major differences between this phone and the others? Is it worth the trouble?

djordjem87

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 04:52:28 AM »
I never had a chance to really use Amazon because of the all restrictions it has concerning Serbia. So, i cannot even imagine how the phone might look like. I look forward though, because more phones on market means more competition and finally some lower prices. I heard once from my friend that there is a plan or a prototype of sort to make phones like we used to do with PC. You choose parts like , processor, ram, graphics and you have them put together. So the repair would be very easy and all the phones would look the same. Maybe Amazon should consider something like this. I believe it was a google idea but i am not sure.

tiffaninichole

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
I never had a chance to really use Amazon because of the all restrictions it has concerning Serbia. So, i cannot even imagine how the phone might look like. I look forward though, because more phones on market means more competition and finally some lower prices. I heard once from my friend that there is a plan or a prototype of sort to make phones like we used to do with PC. You choose parts like , processor, ram, graphics and you have them put together. So the repair would be very easy and all the phones would look the same. Maybe Amazon should consider something like this. I believe it was a google idea but i am not sure.

Oh, I absolutely LOVE the idea of building your own phone! I wonder why this hasn't been thought of sooner, it's genius! Phone companies should definitely begin implementing this, it could really take off and make cell phones even more popular.

And I'm waiting for the day that cell phone prices drop. I hope it happens soon because I desperately need a new phone, but paying $600+ is just too rich for my blood right now.

mayasupernova

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 05:53:56 AM »
I believe everyone deserve a try. Let us just see. Amazon decided to take a chance among those big corporations of phone manufacturing, and it probably would not get there in the first place, if it did not think it could be successful. I am sure they will find their own audience/customers, especially if they offer something a bit different.

thash1979

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 12:07:01 PM »
Amazon doesn't have a chance up against the big players like Apple. This phone better be pretty spectacular to compete. They are entering a market where other competitors have had years upon years to put out a device that is appealing in the cell phone market. I think it will be flop if they do release a phone. I can only hope its better than their tablet!

ghost_in_the_machine

• we're all in cuckooland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 08:55:06 PM »
Yeah, I agree. I don't think that they could compete in such an already prevalent market, but they ARE amazon and they have surprised the public in the past. Let's see if they're up to the task.

integrity101

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 06:57:03 AM »
I still think the Amazon Fire Phone is overrated despite its quad core processor. You You don't really need it to download all the apps from Amazon app store. Your trusted Android can do it with ease. Amazon is also having a rough time competing with established names such as Android  and Apple's iOS. As for me, I'm still not yet ready for the shift to Amazon. Not in a long while. 

ctfranklin28

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 04:06:23 PM »
It's actually to look back over this thread because of what happened to the Amazon phone, which in the opinion of many, was a flop. From what I read,  Amazon may be getting back into the Android game:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/01/amazon-reportedly-seeks-a-bigger-hand-in-android-phone-software/

pwarbi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 08:30:47 AM »
It's actually to look back over this thread because of what happened to the Amazon phone, which in the opinion of many, was a flop. From what I read,  Amazon may be getting back into the Android game:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/01/amazon-reportedly-seeks-a-bigger-hand-in-android-phone-software/

I don't think that there's any doubt that the Amazon phone failed to live up to expectations for a lot of people, and when you look at the sales figures it will be deemed as a flop, if maybe not by Amazon themselves, certainly in the context of the wider smartphone market.

For me Amazon made the mistake of making their phone too Amazon orientated if that makes sense, and instead of having a device with Amazon branding and a section in the menu to access your Amazon account, what they did was make a kindle but a smaller version that could also send and receive calls, and that isn't what people wanted.

ghost_in_the_machine

• we're all in cuckooland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2016, 04:26:46 PM »
I don't think that they are actually going to release their own phone. What I foresee is that they are going to launch a special section for smartphones, but not the ones manufactured by them. I don't think they are crazy to enter the ever-heating smartphones competition without having it produced as their expertise. It wouldn't be practical. Also, the line of their business is very far from world of smartphones. It's not their game. They are going to lose even at the start.
At the same time, grocery shopping wasn't their game either yet I get my groceries weekly from them. Never underestimate a powerful company with a reputation for surprises.

pwarbi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2016, 06:19:41 AM »
A strong reputation though, doesn't always guarantee success, and in this case that's proved to be true.

The Amazon firephone didn't sell as well as what they anticipated, and I think a lot of that was because they did think to some extent that even though they was entering into a competitive market, the Amazon brand would be attractive to a lot of potential smartphone users. Sadly for them, that wasn't the case.

clair02

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 06:22:35 AM »
I am of the opinion that Amazon could easily compete with the best of them in the phone manufacturing industry, but if they really want to stand out, then it might be better if their phone is geared just towards their customers, and helping them have a better experience with Amazon as a whole.

NightShadeMoon

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 03:40:46 PM »
I remember hearing something about this but I thought it was a joke! LOL I can not see them having a successful phone. They tried to compete with businesses like Netflix and to me, have failed. Likely will be the same with the phone.