Author Topic: Amazon Phone  (Read 6364 times)

useruseruser

• View Profile
Amazon Phone
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:20:21 AM »
The widely rumoured Amazon phone is in the press once more. The phone is reportedly about to be announced. What do you guys think about Amazon entering the brutal phone market ?

Klank

• View Profile
Re: Amazon Phone
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:35:32 PM »
I don't think that they stand a chance against the large companies that are constantly producing phones for 500+ dollars with minor changes each generation. They're gonna have a bad time, maybe they'll turn into the next trackphone, haha. They should just stick to shipping and related products, in my honest opinion.  :-\

frankmarco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 04:30:55 AM »
Don't underestimate Amazon. They have a strong potential. Their eReaders are among the best of the market and their tablets too. I compare Amazon with companies like Google or Apple. They are not phone sellers like Nokia or Samsung. They sell us the online Technology, the design. Like the Nexus, Google designed it and charged other companies to make it.

I'm very curious about their phone.

useruseruser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 02:57:52 PM »

[/quote]
They're gonna have a bad time
HaHa, nice South Park reference. On a more serious note, I would tend to agree with you but I think that Amazon could still stand a small chance. Amazon have proved in the past with the Kindle that they will sell products for below cost price. This is something that Apple refuses to do. If Amazon made a phone with the equivalent power of an Iphone at a lower price, they could really have something special.

blackbettie33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »
I think it's a pretty clever decision, I mean who doesn't have a phone these days. People are practically glued to them, I would imagine Amazon would sell quite a bit of phones.

CodeTech95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:13:49 AM »
I look forward to seeing what they come up with. They have done quite well with the Kindle Fire line of tablets, especially budget devices. Although more than likely their phone won't run standard Android and will probably only have access to the Amazon app store. :(

Jayson taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 01:23:26 PM »
have not heard about it yet but if it is true, I am waiting for their phones to available in market.

mikelouis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 03:15:46 AM »
I must say that it is not going to be easy for them to penetrate unless they have something unique to offer to the market. But from what I have heard just as rumors it will be able to support 3D graphics so am sure it is something out of the box. But competition is quite stiff now that there are two phones already battling for customers at the moment.

Annabell

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 11:40:47 AM »
I don't think that they stand a chance against the large companies that are constantly producing phones for 500+ dollars with minor changes each generation. They're gonna have a bad time, maybe they'll turn into the next trackphone, haha. They should just stick to shipping and related products, in my honest opinion.  :-\
I would definitely disagree with this. Amazon is a powerhouse! They're making so much off of their other markets, that they can afford to put out a good phone for less money than their competitors. Just look at the success they had with their Kindle, all because they offered a good product at a lower price than other e-readers at the time.

useruseruser

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »
I look forward to seeing what they come up with. They have done quite well with the Kindle Fire line of tablets, especially budget devices. Although more than likely their phone won't run standard Android and will probably only have access to the Amazon app store. :(
yeah, I agree. Amazon have some really creative people working on their staff. They have a way of reaching a good price point no matter what the obstacle is. I hope that Amazon make a fork of the Android operating system specifically for their device.

turt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
Amazon doesn't need to compete in the cell phone market just like Google doesn't have to sell Android to make money.  They are using it as a vehicle to sell products.  They can make a deal with a carrier to give the phone out free with a contract in order to hook people into the ecosystem.  Think about it, Amazon will have ads and take a cut of everything sold from constant in your face advertising on a device you carry on you and use all day long.

Livvy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 11:29:32 AM »
Considering what Amazon has done for the e-reader market, I wouldn't count them out of this market just yet. They're a force to be reckoned with when they set their mind to it.

Kandikkal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »
Amazon is still the highest seller of e-book readers iirc. Their Kindle is still the best gadget amongst its competitors. So we have to admit that Amazon has the ability to come up with an outstanding product. I think if Amazon releases a phone, it will be a huge success like Kindle.

Some websites have already listed potential features of Amazon phone. It includes 3-D shopping, free video streaming and enhanced games with 3-D capability. I hope that this product will be competitively priced with Moto-X and Samsung S5.

babyleans

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 12:24:00 PM »
i think if they're trying to market it as a mainstream phone then they dont stand a chance. but if its a products geared towards their customers that will help in some way then i think that would be possible. amazon is a giant and i wouldnt underestimate it.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 04:41:00 AM »
I don't think that they are actually going to release their own phone. What I foresee is that they are going to launch a special section for smartphones, but not the ones manufactured by them. I don't think they are crazy to enter the ever-heating smartphones competition without having it produced as their expertise. It wouldn't be practical. Also, the line of their business is very far from world of smartphones. It's not their game. They are going to lose even at the start.