Author Topic: Android now lets you search for low price hotels and restaurants  (Read 2781 times)

Samsung-Updates

• Administrator
  • Eat. Sleep. Update.
    • View Profile
    • YouMobile

Google Search for Android just updated the mobile search app to include filters Foursquare or Yelp. Ask for a place to eat or stay and you can narrow the results by price range, cuisine style, rating and hours.

The upgraded search only works in the US at the moment, but it should eventually be a boon to anyone who's looking for a cheap bite or a late-night crash pad.

useruseruser

• View Profile
Re: Android now lets you search for low price hotels and restaurants
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »
That's a cool feature. I cant wait to try that out. Isn't that basically just Google Now?. Either way, this software looks great.

malia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
That is so cool! I travel a lot so I'm always trying to search for new places to eat and hang out with friends. That is the perfect app for me :)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 04:32:46 AM »
I couldn't wait that this feature becomes available to other countries and to the rest of the world. This really cool and so it's saddening that people outside US will not be able to use this. But I am keeping my hopes high that not far from now, it will be functioning anywhere in the world, just as well as it does in US.

Nikkishea21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »
I really like the sound of this app. I have spent too much time trying to find  hotels that are lovely yet affordable on numerous sites, it is in fact a pain sometimes. I hope that the hotel owners will be mindful of this taking place and with the hope of trying to be in the midst of the competition, decides to drop their prices.

nailah783

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 02:27:54 AM »
Isn't this something that we could always get from hotels.com and Grubhub. I don't understand why this is a great new feature. Is it because it's all in one place or what? It's not that big of  deal to me.

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 09:25:39 PM »
Isn't this something that we could always get from hotels.com and Grubhub. I don't understand why this is a great new feature. Is it because it's all in one place or what? It's not that big of  deal to me.

It isn't just duplicated functionality. The implementation and access are improvements.

nailah783

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 03:24:51 AM »

It isn't just duplicated functionality. The implementation and access are improvements.

Maybe I'll check it out then before I jump to the conclusion that its useless. I hope it is an improvement as you say.

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »
It may or may not be useless to you depending on what setup you are more comfortable with.

audrinaa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 07:14:23 PM »
I like the way that Android lets you look for hotels and the prices, because I have less room taken off my space on my phone since I don't have to download and app. I really don't like using Priceline, Expedia, or Hotels they keep taking so much space on my phone and when I try to reserve a room I get to the hotel and I have extra fees that I didn't have when I reserved it online. So now I just use a prepaid debit card I can put the exact amount on the card and don't have to use the over priced apps. Thank you android!

Casiox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »
Actually, I was thinking of going to Cancun and spend some good time there, seems like my phone will be my best friend whet it comes to searching for a good hotel to stay in, thank you for the information, though.

clair02

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 06:18:29 AM »
That is really great, especially for those of us who travel a lot. It's going to really come in handy on my next trip and make finding places to eat and cheap hotels super easy.

DDLane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 10:43:27 AM »
This will be helpful when traveling, especially for last minute stays, since I usually plan my others ahead of time. I have used Yelp in the past to select care providers and restaurants, but hadn't thought to look there for hotel reviews. Getting the perspective of others who've stayed at a specific location could be really helpful when I'm in a new area.