Author Topic: Apple VS Samsung  (Read 3172 times)

useruseruser

• View Profile
Apple VS Samsung
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:32:37 AM »
As I'm sure you know, Apple and Samsung are about to battle it out in court one more, I just think that this tit for tat battle that they have going on is very petty. What do you guys think ?

CodeTech95

• View Profile
Re: Apple VS Samsung
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:34:51 AM »
Yeah, I agree it is pretty petty. I wish they would spend all the time and money trying to outdo each other in innovation instead of this pointless bickering.

Annabell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 01:24:15 PM »
As I'm sure you know, Apple and Samsung are about to battle it out in court one more, I just think that this tit for tat battle that they have going on is very petty. What do you guys think ?
I haven't heard about this actually. What is happening, if you don't mind my asking?

frankmarco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »
Yes it is. But luckily for us it brings competition. Other companies have time to catch up while Apple and Samsung are fighting. More good phone on the market means lower cost for us and that's great !

CodeTech95

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:43:42 AM »

I haven't heard about this actually. What is happening, if you don't mind my asking?

Apple is suing Samsung over patent infringement. Here is an article that explains it a little more clearly: http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/samsung-begins-defense-apple-patent-trial-221808.html

Annabell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »

Apple is suing Samsung over patent infringement. Here is an article that explains it a little more clearly: http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/samsung-begins-defense-apple-patent-trial-221808.html

Oh wow, I'm kind of surprised I hadn't heard that. Thanks for informing me! :)

erikkoii

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »
Seriously, this is why software patent shouldn't exist. The things Apple are suing Samsung for are stuff that existed long before the iPhone. Jeez.

blackbettie33

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:49:31 PM »
I don't get it either, they are both top notch companies, who sell new an innovative products. I think all this bickering back and fourth makes them look a little less appealing to buy from.

mikelouis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 03:20:55 AM »
Personally I would have wished that these guys sit down and agree on the way forward. I guess it is Samsung that is refusing to acknowledge that some features of  their phones are borrowed from Apple. They need to agree and decide if it is true then Samsung to implement new features of their own. Or else I do not see battle of patents ending anytime soon.

SachinT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
It is unfair if a company takes advantage of the innovations made by another. The company that spends millions on research tends to lose in such instances. I hope the court battle settles the issue and hopefully companies will be encouraged to collaborate and bring about groundbreaking innovations to customers.

turt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
Ideas can't be patented, only the method.  Most of these lawsuits are insanely expensive over small things.  It's more about attempting to bleed money from another manufacturer rather than compete.

Livvy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 11:27:58 AM »
It really is getting a bit petty now, like two children fighting it out rather than huge multimillion dollar companies.

babyleans

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 06:36:32 PM »
it was about the design of some smartphones and tablets. by the way apple also had a lawsuit against motorola as well. apple won the case in the u.s. but samsung won in several other countries.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 04:34:49 AM »

Not quite surprised, but still am. I am not aware of this, what would they be battling for again? Who filed the charge against whom?

Livvy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 12:05:53 AM »
it was about the design of some smartphones and tablets. by the way apple also had a lawsuit against motorola as well. apple won the case in the u.s. but samsung won in several other countries.

I wonder how much that decision came down to who had the best lawyers.