Author Topic: Apple Watch overpriced?  (Read 2441 times)

ProZonx

• View Profile
Apple Watch overpriced?
« on: May 30, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »
$1,100 if you want the "black" colored model. That's enough to buy an Android-powered LG G Watch R ($300), an Nvidia Shield Tablet ($300), and then take a stack of 500 one dollar bills and light them on fire. Just to see them burn.

Oh. Did I mention there is a $10,000 model of the Apple Watch? It has 18-karat gold plating on it, which means that you could buy one of the already ridiculously overpriced non-Gold Apple Watches…and have enough money leftover to buy a half-pound gold brick. Have a nice day people.

blumenkranz

• View Profile
Re: Apple Watch overpriced?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 03:51:32 PM »
Probably just better to buy a used car with that sort of cash. I don't think I would want to go out in public with an expensive edition of the Apple Watch out of fear of getting robbed. It's practically like wearing a small post it note on your arm that says, 'I'm rich!' just like a kick me sign you would put on someone's back.

I feel that the whole 'smart watch' idea is just going to fade out in a couple of years.

LilAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 09:49:10 PM »
I actually did go buy a used car with that kind of money. It's an 80s model of the gran marquis.  It was 800$. Anything that costs more than my car is frivolous, if you ask me. I'd rather spend less money and get something a little less convienant. Getting the watch would be a luxury, and luxuries are something I can't afford right now.

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »
It honestly amazes me at how much those watches actually cost. I would never spend that kind of money on something like that. It's basically like a super small phone that on your wrist. I think it's a waste of money if you already have an iPhone because then what becomes the point of the watch? That watch is basically just there so that you don't have to use your phone anymore. And maybe that's how the world is going now. We will all have little phones like that, but honestly I'm happy with the phone that I have. I like the big screen. I don't even know how you would be able to text on a screen that small. This is just another ploy for Apple to make some money. I've never heard of another cell phone company that makes watches. There's a reason for that, and it's because there is no need for that kind of thing. I was also just looking up some of the prices for these watches and I'm amazed at how some cost well over $10,000. I don't know who would pay that kind of money, but it's not worth it.

nailah783

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 02:24:05 AM »
Oh my God, people will buy anything to make themselves feel more superior than others. The only reason why Apple would sell their watches for this price is that people will actually buy them. You won't catch me in the Apple store trying to get a watch.

briannagodess

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »
That's incredibly overpriced and you will never make me buy it. I'm satisfied with my iPhone but even its price is making me cringe. And if it does break or give up on me, I'm thinking of switching over to Android. What more a watch? Nope, no thanks. I'll stick to traditional watches.

dyanmarie25

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 02:43:36 AM »
Obviously, the Apple Watch is ridiculously expensive. If you are going to ask me, even if I had the money, I still wouldn't buy an Apple Watch. It just doesn't make sense to me, and I don't think it's efficient enough. I would rather use the money for travelling and shopping. Just an opinion though.

djordjem87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »
Everything on the smart phone market is overpriced.  For an i phone in Serbia you have to pay around 5 average monthly  wages. That is FIVE, no money aside , just all of it for a device you are going to use until another one comes out. This watch is not overpriced it is over overpriced :). But inequality is present throughout the world so i guess it is not made for everyone to have.

thash1979

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 11:07:55 AM »
Isn't most apple products completely overpriced to begin with? This is a watch, that cost about as much as ms going and buying a used car. Like Apple isn't making enough money they way it is now. Why not make their products really affordable to the public. I personally can not see putting a smart watch on that does most functions as my cell phone. Yea, its cool and yes tons of people think they have to have one. But but its a watch! Uses originally to tell time!

integrity101

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 07:08:23 AM »
Ridiculous - that's what I can say about the Apple Watch's price. There are many other reasons why I can't buy the watch, besides price of course. For a start, the ancient concept of wearing a ridiculously expensive watch as a status symbol has long been overtaken by time. Status symbol? In this age and time? If you ask me, the watch is nothing more than a stupid piece of gadgetry meant to exploit the clueless upper class market. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:11:08 AM by integrity101 »

famous1992

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36:31 AM »
Apple Products target the top end of the market. Apple doesn't make cheap products. That has been true since the first Mac in 1984. Apple is an exclusive name.
Asking Apple to lower its prices would be like asking BMW to come out with a $9000 car. That would never happen. Such as car, even if it could be built would destroy the value of the BMW name. Leave the $9000 cars to the Koreans.
The funny thing is, the Koreans are gunning for more expensive cars too. They realize there is no profit in low priced cars.

pwarbi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 07:16:45 AM »
Have Apple ever released a product that hasn't been overpriced?  Back in the day I do think that Apple had a reputation for producing premium, high end products and so people didn't mind paying a little more than they expected, but these days there are a lot of alternatives out there that can do the job just as good.

Apple are still relying on their branding to sell products rather than the actual product itself, and while for now it still seems to be working, sooner or later people are going to start realising that their products aren't actually worth the extra price they are paying so I think Apple might now need to start bringing those prices down otherwise the sales will start to be affected.

Casiox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 06:37:25 PM »
It's not a new thing that every single device that Apple releases is really overpriced, however, when it comes to this kind of gadgets it probably would be worth the waste. I know a guy who bought one of these smart watches, but the guy didn't even know what it was for and he ended up using it as a normal watch and that's what happens with most people who buy this kind of device, they always end up using it for the average purpose. The deal here is that people buy smart watches because they look cool and that's it, well, most people are like that. That's my opinion though.

cardinals27

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 06:48:37 PM »
I agree with you. The Apple Watch is very overpriced and I don't think that I will be getting one any time soon with that kind of a price. I think that they are very cool and have some good uses, but the price is crazy. I hope they go down sometime so I can get one.

clair02

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 10:39:20 AM »
$1,100 if you want the "black" colored model. That's enough to buy an Android-powered LG G Watch R ($300), an Nvidia Shield Tablet ($300), and then take a stack of 500 one dollar bills and light them on fire. Just to see them burn.

Oh. Did I mention there is a $10,000 model of the Apple Watch? It has 18-karat gold plating on it, which means that you could buy one of the already ridiculously overpriced non-Gold Apple Watches…and have enough money leftover to buy a half-pound gold brick. Have a nice day people.
I would buy it and wear it proudly. Do you know just how many people benefit when someone spends that kind on money? The economy as a whole is better for it. I say go ahead and get it for yourself if you can afford it. And enjoy it, it's your hard earned cash... ;D