Author Topic: Beware of Pokemon Go  (Read 1241 times)

joshposh

• View Profile
Beware of Pokemon Go
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:02:14 AM »
We all know that this game/app is huge as it has surpassed tinder and twitter as the most downloaded and used app. 

Has any ever thought about how Google is mapping your face and your private quarters?  When you battle online and when the camera is on your face or house, it is mapping everything.  You identity is matched to your google profile and now they have mapped your face and most likely mapped your private home. 

Most of you users have never thought of it, or the implications.  You are giving up everything private about yourself.  When you buy anything for this games, they also have your financial records as well. 

In a few months, at this rate, google with map every single nook and cranny in the USA.  Even inside of your home, if you let them.

Be careful guys.  The implications are insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW1qPP0snF4

judyJo

• View Profile
Re: Beware of Pokemon Go
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »
Hey, I saw that YouTube recording earlier in the week--and it had just never occurred to me that there could even BE a bigger picture. But it makes perfect sense in a creepy, Matrix sort of way. That someone could take Google maps to the next level.

I mean, they've already mapped the outside of my house, and my entire street. And I'm sure some kind of restrictions are in place to prevent them from entering with their cameras and recording every since inch of the globe.

Voila! Let's fix this. Let's find a way to get the kids to do it. Then, it's completely voluntary.

What? You mean, they don't know what they're doing? Well, let's put a warning at the front of the game: Be aware of all your surroundings.

So what if they don't know that we're really using every image that's captured for our own nefarious purposes.....

mwahhhaahaaaa......<<<mustache twirls>>>>>

clair02

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 06:15:09 PM »
I don't know why, but these kind of 'conspiracy theories' have never really bothered me. What would Google do with my info? Maybe it's just me and the fact that I don't feel important enough... lol. But I'm quite convinced I'm safe. For now anyway...

audrinaa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »
The "theories" never bothered me either. The thing that does bother me are the news reports. I have heard countless reports; two dead bodies have been found by people walking around looking for Pokemon, also a couple of kids have been kidnapped when they have walked off by themselves looking for Pokemon. So yes beware of Pokemon Go.

Casiox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 06:47:53 PM »
It's amazing how technology has evolved with the pass of the years, for real. The fact you can use a camera to spot virtual thingsis just amazing, but you're talking about a really important thing which is privacy. We never know when our personal information is being used and therefore, we don't even know what they're using it for, but whatever it is, it definitely must not be anything good at all. That being said, people's privacy has been being violated by Google, but I guess they have a customer's protection program that they really follow, so there must be nothing to worry about, I guess.

cardinals27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 06:49:40 PM »
I am not really bothered by the conspiracies. In my opinion the game got old and is now very boring anyways, but even if I did enjoy playing the game I don't think that hearing this would bother me.

Casiox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 08:33:29 AM »
I am not really bothered by the conspiracies. In my opinion the game got old and is now very boring anyways, but even if I did enjoy playing the game I don't think that hearing this would bother me.

You're right. It's just amazing the way the game got old so quickly, I personally thought that it was going to last for longer and even that they were going to update it with a lot of new stuff, eventually, it ended up being another forgotten game, indeed.

NightShadeMoon

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »
I'me glad other peoples are seeing how dangerous this app is. I am a Pokemon fan and didn't once consider getting this app. I want nothing to do with it. I have a friend who plays it and I tell her all the time to turn it off before she even comes in my house!

Orlando

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 01:00:53 AM »
While the recently released, and now viral, augmented-reality smartphone game, Pokemon Go, continues to spread like wildfire -- exceeding both Snapchat and Twitter in terms of daily active users -- it raises a couple serious security questions about which its users may wish to learn.

1. Pokemon Go requires users to login using Google credentials. (Theoretically, one can also use a Pokemon website login, but, perhaps due to the overwhelming traffic load that the site likely faced since the launch of Pokemon Go, the Pokemon site is not accepting new signups, so, unless you are an existing user of the site, you must use a Google login).

Shera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »
well, most of the times these kind of nasty things are just a trap to make us hate anything ( here it is pokemon Go ). Don't you see the game is touching sky right now ? Do you really think that this game is hacking or private information ? If it was really doing most of its users would have reported it. Because as you saying it covers our financial info as well. So the owners would have utilized it and the user would have come to know that something is going wrong and would have blamed pokemon go.

I just don't trust in this at all.