Author Topic: Do you miss old phones?  (Read 6475 times)

babyleans

• View Profile
Do you miss old phones?
« on: August 01, 2014, 06:47:30 PM »
Hi guys, back in the day i used to be a big fan of mobile phones. Unfortunately modern phones don't have nice designs like those of the past. They are all candybar style and they all look the same for the most part and are either running android or the ios. What do you think?

Nikkishea21

• View Profile
Re: Do you miss old phones?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »
All phones have their own little unique thing about it, i really think so. At the initial stage i always tend to be a little frustrated when i am to take on a new phone. All new phones that i have upgraded to usually have a more modern type technology and over time i grow into it.

YoniBaloni

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 10:36:36 PM »
I don't miss my old phone at all. I mean I don't even need a GPS anymore, I can just use my phone instead. I dont need an IPod, i can stream music from anywhere I want. I can even play Gameboy games on it!

jamiew23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 07:57:53 AM »
I really do! Back in the day of the classic Nokia with Snake and the excitement of the sounds and ringtones it had to offer it was amazing!

Nowadays all the phones seem to do the same things and there's no real surprises any more! They're all just slight upgrades to the last model!

I always remember getting my first Nokia phone and loving it so much, had an antenna and everything! Then a newer smaller Nokia came out with customisable casing! Such good times  :D

Cazala26

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 07:58:36 AM »
I don't think I will ever forget my first phone..... the first nokia that had a colour screen !  It was so exciting and even though it barely did anything, it worked and did what it was supposed to do well ! 
Nowadays the app store have game apps of the old loved snake game but I feel it's not like the original when you're playing it on a touch screen.  I loved it but I am extremely happy with my iPhone.  Just before I got my iPhone however there was a few months where I had to use an old phone because I was waiting to save up to buy the iPhone and it was crazy how I got so used to having interent at the touch of a button to having to spend an age typing a message with buttons and such. 

LilAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »
I miss my first camera phone. It was a cricket flip phone, about 11 yrs ago. He talked me into buying it, and even took a picture of me and my son. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that cricket didnt offer the 'sending pictures' service. Why would they sell my a picture phone if they won't let you send pictures???

KyubiChan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 09:58:39 PM »
I like the modern phone. I will agree, most of the new phones do look the same, but they do all have their own uniqueness. I do wish that phones would come in a lot more colors though than just black, white, gold and blue (other than the Apple iPhone 5c which came in multiple colors.) I like the functionality of the newer phones, you can surf the internet ( I remember the internet on the older phones!) and it is much easier to text rather than hitting the same button to get a specific letter.

Arcos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 07:49:36 AM »
I like the new phones better. Sure, they may look about the same, but their usefulness is much better than their very similar looks.

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »
I do like the new phones better, but it's amazing how far these phones have come. We can't even drop these new phones without having them break. I hate how fragile the new phones are because I've broken a few of my phones because I dropped them. I think that it's amazing what these new phones are able to do, you can GPS where you need to go and your phone, is able to get you there. You can get on any social media that you want and talk to your friends. And you can also search the web for anything that you want. It's all at your fingertips. It amazes me because every day something new happens with these phones. There is always something new that these phones are able to do. So no I don't miss my old phone because these new phones are able to do such amazing things for us.

leovew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 06:54:38 AM »
Sometimes,  I reminisce the times when life was simple and all we needed was simple phones. I miss Nokia 3310 the most, there are so many memories I can associate with this phone. I remember the times when you had to choose which casing would match your outfit for the day, you had colored back lights installed, you composed your own ring tone. Hehehe the memories won't stop coming :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:56:12 AM by leovew »

Aasif Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 06:31:05 AM »
I agree with you. Phones back in the days had variety of designs to choose from. Currenly in design department mobile phones don't offer much of a choice. HTC One was a breath of fresh air amond the sea of rectangle bricks with a display when it came out in 2013, but apparently that design too is starting to fade.

I hope by the arrival of modular phones we can except some change in the industry.

DanielleDavidson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 08:48:02 PM »
I agree with you. Phones back in the days had variety of designs to choose from. Currenly in design department mobile phones don't offer much of a choice. HTC One was a breath of fresh air amond the sea of rectangle bricks with a display when it came out in 2013, but apparently that design too is starting to fade.

I hope by the arrival of modular phones we can except some change in the industry.

I do have to say that I wish there was more of a choice. All the iPhone's and Galaxy phones are pretty much the same. Yes, the size does change but that is about it. I wish that they would change the way that they look. I"m sure that they never will though just because otherwise people might not want to buy the iPhone's.

Nox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 12:43:29 PM »
I definitely think older phones had a lot more character. I miss the varying designs, the "innovation" that came with those times. Most importantly I actually think I miss the alpha numeric keypads and the physical qwerty keypads, they made typing so much easier. Now I'm constantly the victim of auto-correct. However, I'm not too sure whether I miss the phones themselves or just the actual time period.

Nikkishea21

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
I am so over android after being with it for a while now. I need a Blackberry ASAP because I did not nearly encounter as much problems as I did now, I just cannot go on with this phone, it is too lacking.

studentlibrary

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 05:31:25 PM »
I definitely miss my old phone just because of one important part, battery life. My first phone was a Nokia 1680c and, I just loved how I could go a week and a half without charging it. Though a smartphone has incomparable advantages, I just wish the battery life could last just as long.