Author Topic: Phone vs laptop  (Read 8245 times)

rphoenix

• View Profile
Re: Phone vs laptop
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »
For the browsing websites issue, I think all it needs is a little getting used to? Maybe at the first month or so of having a smartphone, it took me a while getting used to browsing websites with all the zooming in and whatnot, but nowadays it's become such a common thing that I'm no longer bothered about it. I practically browse websites on my phone and on the PC/laptop at practically the same intervals.

Laptops you just can't bring all the time, but the one thing smartphones won't be able to replace for it in my opinion would be typing up documents. You really need a fully functional keyboard for that, I think.

briannagodess

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »
Laptops you just can't bring all the time, but the one thing smartphones won't be able to replace for it in my opinion would be typing up documents. You really need a fully functional keyboard for that, I think.

This is the reason why I choose laptop for my work which involves a lot of typing. I tried using a bluetooth keyboard for my phone. It turned out to be a waste of money since it was even harder to type with a keyboard that small. Nothing beats a laptop or computer in typing up files. Yes, there are keyboards for phones and tablets but you better buy the normal sized ones. The one I bought is a mini keyboard so typing in it is pretty difficult.

rphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 08:14:14 AM »
This is the reason why I choose laptop for my work which involves a lot of typing. I tried using a bluetooth keyboard for my phone. It turned out to be a waste of money since it was even harder to type with a keyboard that small. Nothing beats a laptop or computer in typing up files. Yes, there are keyboards for phones and tablets but you better buy the normal sized ones. The one I bought is a mini keyboard so typing in it is pretty difficult.
Hrm, I actually have a bluetooth keyboard for my Nexus 7, and it's not that bad. I managed to find one that's practically the same size as the keyboard of a small netbook, so it's not that hard to type. Right now, it's what I use whenever I'm really in a pinch and need to type up a document on my phone (especially if I didn't bring my laptop along. My laptop's kind of huge). Of course, it's weird to bring out a keyboard and set it on your phone when you're in, let's say, the train. Ha ha.

nailah783

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 02:34:26 AM »
In all reality , the laptop has its purpose and the phone has its purpose. The only deciding factor for me is that I am completely addicted to my phone. My whole life is on my phone.  When my phone is not with me, I feel completely naked. I can't say that for my laptop. My laptop, on the other hand, is best used for important internet searches though, for all of those reasons that everybody else stated earlier, but  the obvious choice for me is still my phone.

lgmini93

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 06:07:24 PM »
I have a really old laptop, but doing my job and not just surfing the web I really need it. And I also had a smart phone (without sim card) so when its just games, fun, and surfing I prefer my phone. But for actual typing and serious businesses I use my laptop. Also bigger screen.

cheryllei9h

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 11:03:22 PM »
I like using both. It depends on what I'm doing.  I like to search google on my laptop because it's easier to read and type in stuff. If I just want to do an update on facebook or read  I can use my phone. I also use my phone for posting pictures that I take on the phone.  But stuff like writing on here, I need to use the laptop.

dyanmarie25

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 11:36:44 PM »
I am pretty fine with using both phone and laptop. But if I only have to choose one between them, I think I would have to go with laptop computer since that's what I mostly use. As a freelance writer, a laptop is really necessary.

tiffaninichole

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 11:58:31 PM »
I always prefer a computer/laptop to a phone. It's faster and more efficient, especially when you come across a website that doesn't have a mobile site. I also like the bigger screen compared to the cramped feeling on looking at a phone screen. I'll surf on my phone in a pinch or if I'm in bed and don't want to get up (LOL) but for the most part, I stick with my laptop.

djordjem87

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2015, 08:18:29 AM »
There is a joke here. If you are offered to choose between a good woman and a good car. Which one would you choose, a diesel or a petrol engine ? :)
I don't know, both have pros and cons. Phones are so tiny and powerful but they are not so powerful as laptop/desktops PC. I like the fact that a phone could be carried in a pocket because i like minimizations in all fields with maximum usage and the fact you can connect it to any monitor with HDMI. That is a good feature because i do not prefer to see a movie on a tiny screen. My vote goes to a really good smart phone with a big screen and strong processor. Otherwise laptop wins. On the other hand, although not mentioned here, a good tablet is a fantastic solution between these two.

mayasupernova

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 06:37:11 AM »
Well, it is always different for me. Sometimes I use my computer and I love to get all the perks it can offer, like typing faster than I can on my phone. If I have to work, translate, play games or just surf the internet, I love to use my computer. If I am in bed, relaxing, I usually use my phone. What I dislike about using my phone is that I have a lot of trouble typing, always skipping the keys. Drives me crazy.

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 06:19:56 PM »
It is a silly question. One can not completely replace the functionality of the other. not yet anyway.

dyanmarie25

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 09:57:42 PM »
I enjoy using both my phone and my laptop computer. I mostly use my phone for personal reasons: calling/texting/chatting my family and friends. On the other hand, I use my laptop computer for working purposes. I am a freelance writer so having a laptop is of utmost importance to me.

thash1979

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 10:09:39 PM »
A few years ago I would have said a laptop. Now with cell phones becoming more "smart" and compatible with more websites, I use my phone 90% of the time. Rarely do I ever get on my laptop anymore. When I got my current phone, I made sure I got one that could do everything I needed it to do so I wasn't tied down to my old laptop.

integrity101

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 06:42:13 AM »
My smartphone is more accessible than my laptop or desktop computer. I can always reach for my trusted android and check all my social media posts and updates. I simply cannot live without it. However, when it comes to ease of use and clarity, the laptop is my top choice. There are many features and software that I cannot use with my Droid. My verdict: you need both the smartphone and computer in equal measures. 

madetofly

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 05:12:47 PM »
I think the main role phones have is communication, followed by mobile entertainment. It is cool to be able to hear music, play some games, watch some short videos anywhere you are. Laptops are better to do things that require more attention, precision and professionalism. Yes you can do pretty much everything you do on the phone in you laptop and vice-versa, but a bigger screen and a bigger keyboard are always better to do everything you need.