Author Topic: Phone vs laptop  (Read 7615 times)

babyleans

• View Profile
Phone vs laptop
« on: July 21, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
Hi guys, what do you like to use more? your phone or your laptop/computer. I like my phone but i find it difficult to browse the internet using a phone since you have to constantly zoom in and out especially because most people haven't built responsive sites. What about you guys?

Livvy

• View Profile
Re: Phone vs laptop
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:42:05 AM »
Hmm like you say, browsing on a phone is kind of difficult, unless your phone is exceptionally large, or you're only watching videos and such. So for that reason I'd have to choose the laptop over the phone. Or go with the middle ground and choose a tablet!

babyleans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 09:43:16 PM »
Hmm like you say, browsing on a phone is kind of difficult, unless your phone is exceptionally large, or you're only watching videos and such. So for that reason I'd have to choose the laptop over the phone. Or go with the middle ground and choose a tablet!

I think you're right. A tablet is much better than a phone. problem is one looks like an idiot when they're picking calls on it because it's so big.

Livvy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »

I think you're right. A tablet is much better than a phone. problem is one looks like an idiot when they're picking calls on it because it's so big.
Why thank you :)

Nikkishea21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 04:51:03 PM »
Laptop for me all the way.

Cazala26

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 07:41:10 AM »
If I am ever out and about I like to use my phone for maps and most of the time I use it just for apps and calling.  I don't use the browser normally I can wait until I get home to get on my laptop :)  Tablets can be handy but to do nearly anything there is the requirement of WiFi, which in my opinion is just a laptop and if a website isn't configured for a phone then it normally isn't configured for a tablet so I find the same problem occuring.

TPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 12:34:22 PM »
It depends. If I have to perform small tasks that my smartphone can easily handle, then I'd say that I'd prefer my phone in that situation. But if a task requires much more to it, then I would say that I would rather be in front of my laptop so that I can make my way through it much more efficiently
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:36:12 PM by TPhoenix »

LilAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 05:30:38 PM »
For surfing, picture editing, and writing I need a computer. Looking up driving directions, messaging on facebook, little things like that I don't mind using my phone.

KyubiChan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 09:47:49 PM »
I would use both. I use my laptop for work or playing full games and sometimes surfing the web, or even posting on forums. It's harder to do certain tasks on phone, such as posting in forums because it is not mobile friendly. There are some sites that are mobile friendly but those sites often have limited functionality than the full site. I mostly use my phone when going to bed to look at Facebook, playing little mobile games and what not. I also sometimes view YouTube on my phone as well.

monique.kaibat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 04:57:48 AM »
Phone and Laptop are created with different reasons and functionality but both useful and helpful.
I'd rather use my phone when I am out of the house and just want to surf the internet or have some communications with my family and close friend since it is more handy.
On the other hand as computer programmer I used my laptop when I have to do things that requires more work. For instance, creating a documentation, developing a website or a computer system.
 ;D

Xanthosh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 06:41:02 AM »
I own both a laptop and a phone. Usually, when I'm mobile, meaning I'm moving outdoors, phones are great pieces of technology to carry in all the diverse sorts of ways that we use them daily. But for serious, constant website browsing, and other hardcore tasks, laptops are the best alternative out there.

But they complement each other, and have their pros and cons. For me, at home, I use my laptop, and use my iPhone minimally and the converse is true when I get outside.

Aasif Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 06:47:58 AM »
I believe laptop is for creation and phone/tablet is for consumption. Phone is better for instant messaging, video calling etc. Phone is also more portable than a laptop.

If I wanted to listen to music I will most definitely do that in my phone. But for me, certain tasks like image editing, sketching and other types of content creation works better on my laptop.

I would call it a draw for web browsing only if the website offers a dedicated mobile view.

Nox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
I think we are on the same page with this one. Phones are certainly more convenient to use as a result of their size, but that in itself can be quite limiting. I've decided that my preference depends on what I am doing. There are certain things that are easier to do with a phone and other that are easier with a laptop or a computer. I generally dislike phablets as a concept, so I have chosen to segment my technological life into phone preferred and PC preferred activities.

Nikkishea21

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 03:40:06 AM »
As I stated I am a laptop kind a girl because as big as a laptop is it is complete in my book as oppose to the mobile device.   I recently got up close and personal with one of the Samsung tablets, my niece got it as a gift from abroad and I got to spend some time with it. I noticed that it was seen as a mobile device for the most part and this was a bit strange to me. I enjoyed using it from the comfort of my bed and guess what? I did not in any way miss my laptop.

briannagodess

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 01:50:27 PM »
It depends. I love using my phone for streaming music or going into Facebook. But when I'm working or watching movies and series, I would go with my laptop. Simply because it is difficult to type in a phone or even a tablet. The screen of the laptop is also bigger so it's better to watch movies or series there. It's just a matter of what situation I'm in actually.