Author Topic: Teenage birthday present  (Read 1216 times)

nailah783

• View Profile
Teenage birthday present
« on: October 15, 2015, 12:05:44 PM »
My daughter turns 13 in a couple of days.  What type of smartphone do you think would be best starter smartphone and what company has the best prices?

dyanmarie25

• View Profile
Re: Teenage birthday present
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 04:42:48 AM »
I think you shouldn't buy and spoil her with pretty expensive gadgets such as an iPhone. It's not ideal. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, and so far, I am very much satisfied with its speed and performance. You may want to consider giving your daughter this phone as a birhday gift.

djordjem87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 04:34:57 AM »
Expensive phones in a possession of a teenager can bring up some negative attention. No need really for those. A lot of cheaper solutions out there and fairly good if you ask me. I phones and galaxy note,s6 are just snobbish status symbols. You should check Motorola and Huawei. I had a Huawei and it was great until it fell into a fish tank for the second time. HTC has a large number of decent phones for someone of that age.

thash1979

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 10:02:39 PM »
My daughter is 13, and we ended up getting her a phone for Christmas. We did not get her an iPhone! Those things would shatter the minute they are dropped. Given she is 13 and clumsy, we decided to get her a Nokia Lumia 635 windows phone. It has gorilla glass and I am hoping it will with stand several drops and tumbles from her.

madetofly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 06:34:48 PM »
Girl tend to be really into Iphones, but she is still young, so leave that for when she turns 16, a good choice would be a white galaxy, I bought my S4 two years ago and it still works perfectly.  But here are many models yo can choose, a friend of mine(girl) had a S3, although they are getting quite old now.  Just make sure that  you buy a cover for the phone, mainly if you buy those Iphones with glass on the back.

ghost_in_the_machine

• we're all in cuckooland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 01:22:39 PM »
Girl tend to be really into Iphones, but she is still young, so leave that for when she turns 16, a good choice would be a white galaxy, I bought my S4 two years ago and it still works perfectly.  But here are many models yo can choose, a friend of mine(girl) had a S3, although they are getting quite old now.  Just make sure that  you buy a cover for the phone, mainly if you buy those Iphones with glass on the back.
Yes, galaxies are indeed really good alternatives to Iphones which the bunch usually use the most.