Author Topic: Twitter Now supports emoji on the Web  (Read 4601 times)

mobiletalk

• View Profile
Twitter Now supports emoji on the Web
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »

Twitter has began to aid emoji in tweets and changing all of them with its very own custom emoji on the internet that may be seen no matter the woking platform or even the browser. For instance, presently both Home windows (7 and eight) and OS X can show emoji within their default browser (IE and Safari, correspondingly) although not in other browsers for example Chrome or Opera. Also, In case your browser doesn't natively support emoji, you will notice Twitter's custom emoji rather.

Twitter is applying images rather than actual emoji, that are text based figures. Due to this, any browser can show them no matter the woking platform. This really is just for Twitter web, however, therefore if you’re on the mobile platform that doesn't support emoji (for example pre-Jelly Bean Android) then you'll still see empty squares in tweets. Also, the Twitter emoji do not work should you embed the tweet.

useruseruser

• View Profile
Re: Twitter Now supports emoji on the Web
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »
Cool, I can imagine this getting annoying very fast!. I cant believe that its taken this long for Twitter to include such a simple feature. At least the aren't like Facebook and don't change their layout every three days. Damn, I'm getting really tired of Facebook!.

Satangel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:59:16 PM »
So I've noticed in some of my tweets. Weird it hasn't been in longer, such a simple and 'essential' feature, bit disappointing they don't have it yet.
Better late than never though :)

Laksefar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 02:56:38 AM »
Yeah, I saw that. 
It's pretty cool. I like that we now have a variety of emotes to expressed what we feel or just make random internet banter with :D

babyleans

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »
well its about time. i was wondering why they hadn't done that already. i barely use twitter though.

jazma96

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
Thank god it has took them long enough... 8) :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o

Jayson taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 02:05:22 PM »
I am happy, atleast twitter get it.   

these emojis work good than words.   1 emoji is enough to show feelings, nice feature added to twitter.  :)

Techiealy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 01:45:35 AM »
Now I have only used Emoji in blogging. I was really hoping that it will be available in twitter soon and then it happened! Gosh I am so happy. Guess I will be into twitter more because of this new feature, just in time. :)

Omni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
Not sure how happy I am with this addition, I'm assuming a lot of people will spam their tweets with Emoji.
If that doesn't happen then awesome! Emoji makes you able to add emotion to your tweet which you wouldn't be able to do with just text.

tdog6236

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 08:54:20 PM »
Finally. Something so simple took them this long to update. I used to hate seeing those blank squares all the time and have to check my phone to see what it was. I usually just use my phone for twitter now because of it. But it's good that they finally did this.

Klank

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »
Interesting...such a simple concept took them such a long time to implement. Well, I guess now I can actually see what the white boxes are instead of being frustrated over trying hard to figure out which emoji would fit in the context of the tweet! This will introduce a lot of functionality to twitter in general, good decision on their part.

frankmarco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 04:26:40 AM »
NO !  :'(

People will spam it and tweets will become unreadable ! But still they have to do it one day.

blackbettie33

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 09:00:07 PM »
I love the fact that Twitter finally added them, I think it makes tweets more appealing.

mikelouis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 03:18:10 AM »
For sure this is a great move but people will just over use the feature. Either way I welcome this concept so that we just do not have the normal boring tweets on a daily basis.

Annabell

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »
I agree, this is going to get rather annoying quickly. But it's a small move which keeps the majority of their members happy, and it probably hasn't cost them too much to be able to implement this. So it is a very smart move on Twitter's part if you ask me.