Author Topic: Battery life ?  (Read 5180 times)

frankmarco

• View Profile
Battery life ?
« on: April 10, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »
I really want to buy the nexus 5. The phone has all the quality I’m looking for. The only downside is a major one for me, the battery. I’ve read some reviews and they all agree that the battery is bad. For me it’s very important because I can’t have to plug it every day.

Do you have a Nexus 5 and what’s your thought about the battery ?

Omni

• View Profile
Re: Battery life ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »
I own a Nexus 5 and I have to say that the battery life is pretty bad.
My Nexus 5 needs a charge at the end of every day, which isn't a big problem for me since I spend a lot of time behind a computer.
You might want to take a look at the LG G2, on which the Nexus 5 is based. I believe it has a bigger battery capacity.

erikkoii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »
Unfortunately I don't think that you'll ever find a smartphone with a battery that'll last more than one day at a time.

If battery life is really important for you, consider getting a phone with a replaceable battery and get an extra battery or a larger one. You can find extended batteries with extended covers on eBay pretty cheap actually.

CodeTech95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »
I agree with erikkoii, there are very few high end smart phones that will last more than one day. You could check into taking a small battery pack with you to recharge the phone throughout the day, or you could buy a phone like the Galaxy S4 or S5 that has a removable battery and carry an extra battery with you to swap out.

frankmarco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 04:30:25 AM »
Thanks for answering my question. Yes it's hard to find a phone that last more than a day. But some can if you use it wisely. I will try to swap battery so. Thanks !

Satangel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 05:36:07 AM »
The battery wears down the more you use it, in the beginning it can easily go a few days, even with your internet on all the time.
Using some battery saving apps is a good idea too, their gains are minimal but it's better than nothing.

After a few months of use you'll already see the battery decline, that's just a fact with our current top smartphones....

Annabell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 10:42:23 AM »
I'll have to agree with the others, finding a smartphone that allows you to do all the things you want from a smartphone, and one which has a battery that lasts longer than a day is going to be difficult. You could turn half the things off on your phone, but that just kind of defeats the purpose.

useruseruser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 11:48:44 AM »
To be fair, battery technology is not very good in general. In my opinion, it is the one thing that needs to be improved upon dramatically. I hope companies like Samsung and Apple lead the way.

Klank

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 01:00:46 AM »
I believe that the battery life isn't long enough where it can stay alive for more than a day. For the people who I've talked to about the battery life of the Nexus 5, they need to charge it at the end of the day or else the device won't be able to function properly later on. So, the battery life isn't the greatest out of all of the devices out there, sorry buddy.

Annabell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 04:14:33 PM »
To be fair, battery technology is not very good in general. In my opinion, it is the one thing that needs to be improved upon dramatically. I hope companies like Samsung and Apple lead the way.
I believe there are advances being made, but they're trying to come up with a way to keep the cost low, which is the problem at the moment.

frankmarco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 07:22:02 AM »
I finally bought a Nexus 5 and it's an awesome phone. But the battery is worse than I though. If you use it thourought the day (Web, texting, some calls etc.) I will barely last a day. I'm very disapointed about the battery.

erikkoii

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »
I finally bought a Nexus 5 and it's an awesome phone. But the battery is worse than I though. If you use it thourought the day (Web, texting, some calls etc.) I will barely last a day. I'm very disapointed about the battery.

You can buy batterycases on eBay that'll charge your phone during the day. Personally I don't really like them as they make your phone thick, but if battery life is important, you should consider a batterycase or a portable battery pack with USB.

octavian55

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 12:11:43 PM »
If you install Snapdragon Guru, the battery will work atleast one day and a half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

acnxtj

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 12:04:18 PM »
I brought a Nexus 5 a few weeks ago and so far the battery life is not quit bad. I can get through the whole day while playing a few games without any battry problems but just in case my battery does die I carry a spare charged one on me at all times.

Emily Baker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 04:21:40 AM »

There are some tips to avoid battery drain fast,you could try it.
Lower Screen Brightness;
Tighten Up Auto-Lock;
Do not Activate Location Service;
Don't Update Apps Automatically;
Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It ;
Restrict Unimportant Notifications;
Do not Activate Location Service ;
Use Low Power Mode