Author Topic: WQHD+... Is it worth it?  (Read 158 times)

johnbelley1

• View Profile
WQHD+... Is it worth it?
« on: April 14, 2018, 12:35:48 AM »
Hello, I am almost a 7 months old user of the S8+ and throughout me discovering things about the phone over these months, I have always doubted the highest available resolution and if it's really worth it, you may not see any considerable difference in pixels when using the device unless you REALLY look side by side, and it mostly only defines the text on webpages or the apps you are using, and so I decided to use FHD+ and WQHD+ for a month each and I realized it's really not worth it for the most part, if I am casually using the device while in the resolution of WQHD+ I end up with a heating up device for no reason, and this might differ depending on where you live, I live in India and it gets quite warm here so my device doesn't really get any temperature room or environment below 25°F so it's very easily heated up while using WQHD+ and thinking of how less it provides in return of; heating up and less battery time.

It's no good unless you are watching videos in 4k quality everyday and still it wouldn't feel like it's much, but this is my opinion, I would like to know yours.

Noah.

• View Profile
Re: WQHD+... Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:36:03 AM »
 Used WQHD+ since I bought my phone, I changed it once to FHD+ and it looked like absolute shit compared to WQHD+ you really notice it when you lose it, plus I live in Canada so I got no issues with heating, it's so cold here.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it doesn't effect battery what so ever btw

johnbelley1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 12:36:13 AM »
It affects the battery and that's a fact but I see that it makes a big difference to you.

Noah.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 12:36:21 AM »
It does. But not something noticable, only lost couple of minutes

johnbelley1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 12:36:37 AM »
If you look closely at the battery saving settings, you will notice that the battery consumption is more in 2k resolution which is obvious(common sense & science explains). But if you see the minutes you gain by using fhd+, it isn't much. For me it's 15-20 mins. That's kind of nothing when you consider the joy of running this gorgeous display at its full glory.

Noah.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 12:36:45 AM »
I only lose 4-7 min. Which is nothing

safeer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 07:28:56 AM »
I agree with the fact that WQHD is not much of a battery hog. Enable it for a while and then disable it, you'll see the difference. Once you go WQHD you'll never go FHD.

Mursal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 07:29:35 AM »
Totally worth it. By changing the display, not gaining much minutes anyway(as per projection in battery saver)