Author Topic: Any good apps for DLing Youtube videos?  (Read 1140 times)

sparkblade14

• View Profile
Any good apps for DLing Youtube videos?
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:34:48 PM »
I find myself wanting to download Youtube videos so I can watch them when I'm not home and connected to my wifi. I used to have one on my old phone but I don't remember the name. Can anyone recommend me any good ones? I'd prefer apps that are free. Thanks.

Appy

• View Profile
Re: Any good apps for DLing Youtube videos?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 12:41:53 AM »
If you want a good app that could easily download YouTube videos, just install TubeMate. It's a great app that could download any video on YouTube. And it downloads very very fast. The videos are saved in MP3 format. You could set where you want to save the videos that are downloaded - either external or internal memory. You could also set the size of the video you want to download. You could even download only the audio if you want to. It's very flexible.

http://m.tubemate.net/

sparkblade14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 05:47:51 PM »
TubeMate! There we go. Yeah, that's the app I was initially thinking of. I couldn't remember since I was looking for some in the Play Store. Google is against Youtube DL apps right?

Appy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 04:06:47 AM »
TubeMate! There we go. Yeah, that's the app I was initially thinking of. I couldn't remember since I was looking for some in the Play Store. Google is against Youtube DL apps right?
Yep, Google owns YouTube. And YouTube generates money for Google by showing ads. If you just download the videos from YouTube, you won't be seeing any ads which Google wouldn't like. That's why you won't see an app for downloading videos in the Play Store. You could use the link that I provided above though. Check it out. :)

acnxtj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 06:36:33 AM »
If you're on Android you can use thiss app to download video's from YouTube:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2137743

It's not on the market so you can only find it on that link. Once you have copied the app onto your phone, before installing it make sure that you have  enabled  “Unknown Sources” from your device’s Security settings, to allow the installation of non market Apps and also disable apps as Halo, Screenfilter, Twilight or anything similar otherwise the “install” button will not work;

Gene Lane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:12:53 AM »
I'm also using Tubemate free download. It is the ultimate solution and the smartest way to download videos and songs from video sites. Download it at here:
http://tubematefreedownload.net/