Author Topic: Problem screen during calls on Z5  (Read 237 times)

Creed

• View Profile
Problem screen during calls on Z5
« on: April 24, 2018, 04:09:45 AM »
When I receive a call or make one the screen goes black and can't use it. Sometimes I can see the screen but it's way too dim and it doesn't respond anyways. I tried reinstalling the system which didn't help. I tried to mess around with the settings and, surprise, nothing. The only thing that SOMETIMES works is that I hold the photo button and pray that it registers and from the notification bar, I hang up, since picking up would turn the screen back to black (lol). I am desperate, because my other phone (XA1) just outright refuses to charge so yeah, I'm in a pickle.

Kylo

• View Profile
Re: Problem screen during calls on Z5
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 04:10:49 AM »
Maybe i can help you. I have a Z5 too and had a similar problem. The problem was that when i wanted to hear a voice mail on whatsapp my screen went black and i only could hear it from the speaker above. I cleaned the top speaker with a Q-Tip and it helped a lot. Maybe it is the same solution to your problem.

Creed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 04:12:01 AM »
Yeah. I have the same problem with voice messages but in FB messenger. It's worth a try so thanks for the idea!

Kylo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 04:12:49 AM »
This is supposed to lock/blank the screen when you hold it up to your head. It sounds like either the software is glitching and locking it into 'against your face' mode, or your finger is over the sensor.

I would use flashtool to reinstall your firmware, you will lose data so backup.

As for the XA1 if its not charging look in the charging port for lint. Take a toothpick, slim it down with a knife, and use that to gently free up any junk in there.

Creed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 04:15:54 AM »
okay thanks

Emily Baker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 03:09:09 AM »
Since your Android screen is broken, so you can't open the USB debugging by touching the screen, right? Therefore, we could like to show you another way to reach the goal. Here, you only need to find a USB OTG and a mouse, then follow the below steps:
Step 1. Connect your broken Android to a mouse with the OTG adapter. Here, you can directly click the mouse to unlock your phone.

Step 2. Find and turn on USB debugging options under the "Settings".

Step 3. Now, you can connect the broken Android to computer and it will be recognized as an external hard drive.

After that, you can directly open the phone as hard drive on your computer, then copy & paste the data you need to PC.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:43:41 AM by Emily Baker »