Author Topic: How To charge your Android Phone faster.  (Read 4871 times)

mobiletalk

• View Profile
How To charge your Android Phone faster.
« on: July 17, 2014, 07:41:05 PM »

How To charge your Android, BlackBerry, iOS, or Windows Phone device faster:

First connect your device with charger.

Now close all the open apps by going into task manager.

Put your device in AirPlane Mode. It will close all your connection Wifi, Mobile data and incoming calls.

When your phone is on charging don’t use GPS, Web and Games.

Make sure you are using original charger.

Clear all the backgrounds apps that will make your device charge faster.

Turn off your device and then connect your device with charger.

When your device is on charging don’t see after few minutes because backlight and display require a specific amount of power.

Turn off sync and bluetooth while charging.

These all tips will help you to charge your device faster.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:45:32 PM by mobiletalk »

Nikkishea21

• View Profile
Re: How To charge your Android Phone faster.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 06:20:53 AM »
I usually turn off my phone to charge it especially when the battery is at a low level. I would like to know of ways of extending my battery life though, i am not very impressed with the frequency of charging my device for something that i only just purchased.

jamiew23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »
I've never really thought about any of this before! I'm guessing some of the points are transferrable to an iPhone too? Would be really useful when I'm in a rush to get out and I've only got 10% battery left :P

Thank for the tips!

ato2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:17 AM »
Why would using the original charger make a difference? A charger is a charger, the only thing I can think of is the output power. The other tips are good and I have been using a majority of these before.

drewdowdell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »
Original charger doesn't matter.  Just make sure the charger you have puts out at least as many amps as the original... typically, anything above 2.0 is fine.   I happen to really like Anker brand chargers, you can find them on Amazon.  Very high build quality and outstanding customer service.

waffleparty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 02:21:57 PM »
I'm guessing some of the points are transferrable to an iPhone too?

It looks like all these tips can be used for any device, as stated at the top of the post. Features like bluetooth and airplane mode are the same across all smartphones. The only difference would be in where you have to go to access them.

cheryllei9h

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »
My android charges really slow. I just bought this thing at Walmart the other day called Pocket Juice.  I turned my phone off and tried it and it charged my android so much faster. It was faster than my wall charger and computer charger and even car charger. My car charger stopped working, so that's why I bought this portable charger. I'm glad I did. I got the one that is for smartphones and tablets. It's a little bigger than the one just for smartphones. It works great.

Heda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 05:15:58 AM »
Thank you for the tips! I usually charge my phone during the night but it has happened to me before that I forgot t put it in the charger in the evening and when I realized it in the morning, I wanted to charge it as fast as possible before I went to school but I didn't know I could make the process faster! Will try next time;)

tiffaninichole

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 11:48:49 PM »
The airplane mode trick is really cool. I would have never thought to do that. I actually just bought a charger that charges super fast. It'll take my phone from 3% battery to 80% in about an hour, so I'm pretty stoked about that because my phone usually stays low on battery. I'm sure putting the phone in airplane mode would make it charge even faster.

mayasupernova

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 07:23:31 AM »
Why original charger? It costs more and does the same thing as the one that is not original. I  like your suggestions because they all make sense. I usually do not turn off my phone during charging but I do turn off wi fi, data, background applications, etc.
Thank you for the instructions.

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 07:45:45 PM »
Turning all those functions off will not charge the phone noticeably quicker because they don't take much power unless you are actively using them. It is fine to charge with that stuff on in the background. Shutting it all down will only result in a slower start up routine as you will have to turn  the services back on, and any apps you closed from the recently used list will take longer to start. Those apps aren't actually running, they were just stored in memory for faster access. I'm willing to bet the time you saved in charging is less then the time it takes to tuns stuff on and load your apps.

nytegeek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »
Why original charger? It costs more and does the same thing as the one that is not original. I  like your suggestions because they all make sense. I usually do not turn off my phone during charging but I do turn off wi fi, data, background applications, etc.
Thank you for the instructions.

You can safely ignore this list almost in it's entirety. Using the original charger is probably safest but not nessacary. I realize that it reads like manufacturer guide lines and may very well be sourced from them, but those are often wrong when it comes to batteries as well. Manufacturers will often include unnecessary precautions in the effort to mitigate legal issues, not because they are technical sound from an engineering standpoint.

Clearing background apps is never helpful, it just results in slower app launches. Turning all that stuff off doesn't help enough to justify the time and effort and 3rd party chargers are fine if they are quality products. What you want to avoid is the 3rd part knockoffs that claim to be the original product. These are more of a problem in places in Asia and in the Philippines or Malaysia than in the Unites States or Europe.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:56:34 PM by nytegeek »

summertime

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 10:29:55 AM »
Yeah the original charger doesn't make a difference, especially since my S5 charger shit the bed the other day after having it for less than a year ... Oh well, that's the way it goes.

ghost_in_the_machine

• we're all in cuckooland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 01:34:20 PM »
Some android phones are models that come with "turbo" charging ability. I don't know much about it, but I can juice up my android to about 25% in a matter of 10 minutes, which is really impressive and unusual. I use the Motorola Droid Turbo and so far haven't seen anyone else have similar charging capabilities, although I've experimented with unconventional charging in the past like those contact-pad chargers for my old Nokia.

thash1979

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 06:35:40 PM »
I have always used the Iphone. Just recently switched over to Android. I am very impressed so far, but I find the battery life on this phone just isn't impressive at all. I had no idea that you could put your phone in airplane mode to charge it faster. What is the amount of time it takes in airplane mode verses regular to charge? Also, does charging it in the house in a plugin work faster than my car charging it?  Just trying to be on my  phone rather than waiting for it to juice up again!