Author Topic: Psycho gf in my phone  (Read 583 times)

Coudy

• View Profile
Re: Psycho gf in my phone
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 06:05:38 AM »
If he had all the credentials he will also get a notification of the password change and likely has the credentials of the recovery email address or phone number.

My guess is he has installed something like Cerberus which is a very powerful app that he can control remotely without your knowledge. It can be installed without showing up in installed apps, remain hidden from app lists and survive a factory reset.

Detonator

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 06:05:56 AM »
If he had all the credentials he will also get a notification of the password change and likely has the credentials of the recovery email address or phone number.

My guess is he has installed something like Cerberus which is a very powerful app that he can control remotely without your knowledge. It can be installed without showing up in installed apps, remain hidden from app lists and survive a factory reset.

Yes that sounds right I have tried changing fb msgr password but somehow he drops tidbits of my convos w my lady friends its so stupid. Also, I got a rare glimpse of his homescreen once and there were 3 or 4 spyware apps on top n i asked him are you doing this to me and he stammered n said its for his 11 yo daughter I said ya right...I must look like an idot for him to lie like that to me 😒 anyways

So what now, call verizon n see if I can warrenty my phone replacement or something?

Detonator

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 06:09:16 AM »
And even if I change my number, weve lived together for 6 years minus the 3 times ive left so I kindof have to give him my number cant he do this all over again? I feel so defeated

Coudy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 06:09:31 AM »
Unless he's with the CIA/FBI he can't do anything with just your mobile number as long as you create and use a brand new account on a new phone and you set up a recovery email he has zero knowledge of, and you use very strong passwords.

Edit: If he has spyware or a keylogger on your computer, he can then get your account login details from that, which isn't ideal.

Coudy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 06:09:48 AM »
I would definitely be replacing the phone. Some of the spyware apps are factory reset persistent (like cerberus as I said) he could also be using something like FlexSPY, so just getting on one of your computers or tablets/ipads to set up a new email account might not be the solution.

My advice is to replace the phone. Maybe take it to your provider/carrier and say you have tried everything yet you believe someone has installed malicious software which you cannot remove. Can you borrow a used phone from a friend in the meantime?

Now to get your accounts back, you need privacy. So either go to a public library,a friend's house (your friend, not his) and use a clean computer. If this isn't possible, buy yourself a 16-32GB USB flash drive and download and install TAILS and if you need help doing it, we're here. You can boot a computer/laptop straight to this operating system and be sure he isn't watching. (Unless he also has cameras set up in your house) You can keep that USB on your keyring and use it any time you like. ;)

Using Tails, you can create a new email address and I would also advise using something like Bitwarden to manage your passwords, so you can have unique and strong passwords for everything, and only need to remember one good strong password that he would never in a million years guess.

I feel sorry for your predicament.

Detonator

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 06:10:07 AM »
I would definitely be replacing the phone. Some of the spyware apps are factory reset persistent (like cerberus as I said) he could also be using something like FlexSPY, so just getting on one of your computers or tablets/ipads to set up a new email account might not be the solution.

My advice is to replace the phone. Maybe take it to your provider/carrier and say you have tried everything yet you believe someone has installed malicious software which you cannot remove. Can you borrow a used phone from a friend in the meantime?

Now to get your accounts back, you need privacy. So either go to a public library,a friend's house (your friend, not his) and use a clean computer. If this isn't possible, buy yourself a 16-32GB USB flash drive and download and install TAILS and if you need help doing it, we're here. You can boot a computer/laptop straight to this operating system and be sure he isn't watching. (Unless he also has cameras set up in your house) You can keep that USB on your keyring and use it any time you like. ;)

Using Tails, you can create a new email address and I would also advise using something like Bitwarden to manage your passwords, so you can have unique and strong passwords for everything, and only need to remember one good strong password that he would never in a million years guess.

I feel sorry for your predicament.

Thank you!!! Yep hes been talking about installing cameras everywhere "so he will know everything that goes on and who comes and goes"... Alot of wasted money for a quiet stay at home mom, in my opinion and ive told him many times, as hes one of those who belives I will run off w any guy who makes eyes at me or will sleep with mail man fed ex etc (and he knows they are all older women)

c4cyber

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 12:01:49 AM »
Well, there is no way to know all this kind of stuff, unless she has some spy software on your cell phone or know your password. I think its just not acceptable. Why she has to feel insecure about it? I think problem here is your girlfriend not that phone. Talk to her. And as far as phone is considered, uninstall all apps you don't recognize, have factory reset and change password.