What ebook app do you use?

• 11 Replies

• View Profile
What ebook app do you use?
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:50:54 AM »
I read through my iPad and despite of a lot of apps around the App store, I still prefer iBooks for reading my ebooks. I am not sure if that is the most reliable app. But probably the reason why I keep using it is one, that is the one I most accustomed to use. Second, I don't have issues using it. For me, it's just very fine.
Year '14 Forum Member
Enthusiast and Active

Appy

• View Profile
Re: What ebook app do you use?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 03:25:10 AM »
You can also try Kobo. It's a market place for eBooks and an eBook reader all rolled into one. Though it's good, I still prefer my eBooks in PDF format. I have a lot of sources where I could download PDF books for free. That's why I just use the Adobe Reader for Android or Polaris Office to open and read PDF books. I can even copy the content and paste them wherever I want, highlight them, and write on them if I use Adobe reader. I think other eBook readers do not allow this right?

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:08:28 AM »
I mostly use the Kindle app, since I have a kindle e-reader aswell.

It's not something that I mainly use though, since as I said: I do have an e-reader. But I find it quite handy to be able to sync my books between my kindle and my smartphone, so that I can continue reading my books even when I don't have my e-reader with me. It's not something that happens very often though, considering how small the e-reader is I almost always carry it around with me... But it does happen, every once in a while. And at those times, it's really handy to have the same books on your phone.

It is a bit sad that I have to use the Kindle/Amazon for all my e-books, since the Kindle doens't allow any other bookstore than Amazon, but I guess that's just how I chose things to be when I bought a Kindle... In the future, I might get a Nook or something instead, since I heard you could root those and have android on them, and thus have almost all bookstores available through Google Play.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 06:25:28 AM »
I have a windows phone and unfortunately the windows store does not have a lot of options when it comes to ebook readers. I only have one reader which is named mohoo reader. It is pretty average but gets the work done.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »
I love Aldilko. I can read just about anything on it and I love the layout of it.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 01:16:49 PM »
I use the moon+ reader and I'm really satisfied with it, because it opens all formats and I like the sweeping page turning it offers. It also has a really good looking bookshelf-like menu where you can chose what book to read that I quite like. Altough I'm not sure if it is available for iOS I can at least recommend it to anyone with an Android tablet or phone as it is the best e-book reader I have found so far. Most other readers either don't have pdf support or just don't look as slick as moon+ reader.

Livvy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:51:53 PM »
Considering Amazon has just came out with a new service for unlimited reading for $9.99 a month, I'd say to go with the kindle app if you can get it. I mean, if you're actually paying for your books that is.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »
I just mostly use Google Play Books, and I often prefer shopping for free ebooks. :) I also love browsing books on Kindle.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 04:43:55 AM »
I use the Kindle app about 70% of the time. But for any books that aren't Kindle, I use an app called UB Reader. I've tried a bunch of ebook readers and always end up changing them because there's something about them I don't like. I've had UB Reader for about a year now and have no desire to change. I like the layout. The front page is kind of like a bookshelf that shows you all of your books, and your most recently read book will always be at the very top. There's one thing that I don't like, and that's the ads. It's free and there's a picture ad that pops up every time you try to exit the app. I generally hate ads, but I like this reader so much that I just deal with them.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 06:10:05 PM »
Kindle was my first introduction to eBooks when I was working as book promotion freelancer, book blogger, and reviewer.   I 've tended to stick with Kindle because it is a huge part of the market, but I've been playing around with the idea of trying out Google Books (and others). I just never really got around to it.

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 07:04:39 AM »
I use Moon Reader +. I gave the trial version a spin and loved it enough to give the paid one a chance. It has a whole bunch of features that are well thought out like a percentage that shows how much you've read. You can also download new covers which I like since I do judge books by their covers. It's also super easy to pick up where you left off, all it takes is one click. There are a lot more but it would take a while for me to go through all of them.

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 10:35:55 AM »
I use Kindle mostly, but I also use Google Books. Kindle us definitely my favorite though. So many free choices.